In a message dated 1/8/2005 11:48:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Went to a modern dance performance tonight at the Japan Society near the U. N. (nice Rockefeller-calm modern/Asian building, with interior water and freestanding interior stair around courtyard).  Went with Mrs. Graybird.

First piece was five women in bright red dresses grabbing crotches with both hands, jumping up and down, wildly.  Sort of "Sonata for Two Handed Masturbation".  Didn't realize women could do that, but then I never thought to ask.  Funny the things that get away from you until you're too old to care.   Gab & Eti were sitting in the front row, just a few feet from the Japanese crotches,  but they didn't recognize me.

Second piece was guy partly wrapped in rags, moving around to scratchy-loud music which sounded like giant screwdriver mixing cement WARNING! FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED! IMPROPER USE OF CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TERMINOLOGY IN AND BY MEDIA, CONTRIBUTING TO CONTINUED PUBLIC MISUNDERSTANDING! CORRECT TERM IS "CONCRETE." in an iron pan.   Come to think of it, he was sort of moving like a giant screwdriver mixing cement.  Had shaved head plus blond ponytail, sort of a logical impossibility, but there you go.

Can't remember the third and fourth pieces - was one of those where the women were all made up with white pancake, but then slapped each other and made clouds of dust? - but fifth piece was women sitting, humming along with bubble gum music background, watching their yellow-socked feet tap up and down.  There was another one where they appeared to have bedbugs.  Or vice versa.

I forget where fit in the part about the woman wearing knickers stuck both her hands down her knickers and looked very, very, very  happy, then pulled out a pair of shoes from self-same knickers (shoes were patent leather flats - that might have been significant).  Might have been part of something else, or might have been A Separate Peace.

At any rate, it was a high-concept evening. All the costumes were bright colors, which was nice.  Except for the guy's rags, those were white.  Just like Ruth's snow.

Great dinner afterwards - I am a cod slut.

christopher
Even with the cod (unless it's a big piece), I'd rather go to the dog show  in Perth Amboy.

Ralph