On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> On Thursday 17 July 2008 13:35, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   i'm not sure which of the clean targets should handle these, but
> > even after a "make distclean", i still have the following generated
> > content:
> >
> >   busybox.links
> >   busybox_old
> >   _install/
>
> busybox_old should stay (since it is not created by build system).

sure it is -- it's created by running "make baseline".  it's
definitely not in the stock svn checkout so it can't be considered
part of the original source.  therefore, it should be cleanable.

> The rest are real bugs. Please send a patch if you have one.

easy enough to do, but which clean target should each of those be
associated with?  clean, mrproper or distclean?  once we settle on
that, i can whip up a patch.

rday

p.s.  do BB patches follow the same format as standard kernel patches?
i just run "svn diff" from one level up from the source directory to
get a p1-format patch.  is that correct?