----- Original Message -----
From: "Katharina Haselhorst" <bran...@mathematik.uni-marburg.de>
To: "Gilles Espinasse" <g....@free.fr>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: networking with busybox
> >> As far, I have built a complete busybox binary (statically linked) and
got
> >> an ash running within the initramfs. I can assign a static address to
my
> >> eth0 interface, but udhcpc doesn't get any ip address from the dhcp
> >> server. Do I have to load some kernel module to get the card working?
Atm,
> >> there are no additional modules loaded...
> >
> > you have to deal with udev (external of busybox) or mdev (inside
busybox) to
> > load the module required by your hardware.
> >

> I started udevd and issued a udevadm trigger and a udevadm settle. After
> that, I get a eth0 device, as expected. But as I mentioned above, I
> can't work with that interface. Which kernel module do I need? Atm I
> don't have any modules included in the initramfs, but that's easy to
change.

> K. Haselhorst

Is the hardware driver module include with the kernel? That could work.
If module is loaded, check with dmesg what happen when.

You may have forgotten to include the firmware inside initramfs (in
/lib/firmware?).
Firmware could too be embedded inside the kernel module.
That depend of your kernel configuration.

Wich udev version did you use?
I am battling with udev-153 to make it work where udev-151 was working.

Gilles