On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Lauri Kasanen <cur...@operamail.com> wrote:
> Hi Denys
>
> The attached patch adds support for .txz and .tlzma tar archives. For
> .txz the proper way would be to add the magic detection

The autodetection should already work, see archival/tar.c:

                        if (ENABLE_FEATURE_TAR_AUTODETECT
                         && flags == O_RDONLY
                         && get_header_ptr == get_header_tar
                        ) {
===>                            tar_handle->src_fd = open_zipped(tar_filename);
                                if (tar_handle->src_fd < 0)
                                        bb_perror_msg_and_die("can't
open '%s'", tar_filename);
                        } else {
                                tar_handle->src_fd = xopen(tar_filename, flags);
                        }

I am not convinced .txz and .tlzma extensions are common.
(In my opinion, existence of .tgz extension was a mistake).
--
vda