we have a strange problem, which occurs regulary
on our targets: ar71xx / MIPS / bigendian - an 128mb
RAM router with an 64 megabyte tmpfs with openwrt.
("Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H").

for beeing complete, this is the corresponding ticket
on openwrt-trac: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11851

So: 500 files in tmpfs with about 2 megabytes in size
but tmpfs is full (64mb). if we kill syslogd, which is running
with a large circular buffer of 1024kb the "lost" /tmpfs
is freed and everything is normal.

felix said that shm/tmpfs and syslogd/circular buffer
are sharing some code parts, so this could be an explanation.

what should we do, next time if we see this error for better
debugging? we are using: "BusyBox v1.19.4 (2012-07-06 22:40:47 CEST)"

bye, bastian