Hi Rich !

>What happens when you mount to a pathname containing embedded spaces
>and newlines?

Ugly thing to have newlines within pathname ... have not tried but
beside this: Try the grep on /proc/self/mountinfo ... if you find a
complete match of your path within output of mountinfo you hit a
mountpoint. Ok, may be you need to extend the regex to check from
start of a line till end of line. Gives even better result than current
Busybox mountpoint.

... how does mountinfo output look for such ugly stuff?

... and has anybody looked into how GNU mountpoint does the job?

I'm just complaining Busybox mountpoint not being upstream compatible.
Did not have the time to look into that and I'm hardly fighting to get
back a machine I can use for such development (Standard distros don't
give result I need for this).

--
Harald