On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:48:48 -0700, Grant wrote:
> I would like to build as minimal of a system as possible on a
> BeagleBone.  I only need ALSA and jackd to work.  Would this work well
> with busybox?  I'm very familiar with Gentoo but a system like this
> would be set up entirely outside of the Gentoo framework?

Busybox is "only" a reimplementation of many of the basic Linux
utilities (shell, init, file manipulation programs, network
administration programs, and much more). But it doesn't build an entire
embedded Linux system. You'll have to look at "embedded Linux build
systems" to achieve what you need. My favorite is Buildroot, but there
are plenty of others: PTXdist, OpenEmbedded, Yocto, and more.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons