On Mon, Oct 14, 2013, at 19:22, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> > > Why? Upstream wget uses a fixed default timeout, 900.
> >
> > We'd like to change it in one place instead of adding -T options to a
> > ton of scripts.
>
> But this will make your scripts depend on wget being the busybox's wget.
> This plagued Unix world for some time. Not a good idea.
>
> What upstream wget does to address such a case?

That's acceptable to us. We call it as "busybox wget" anyway when it
matters, and in other places, it is a mere user experience tweak - it
will not break anything if another wget was used.

GNU wget does kinda cater to this use: you can specify it in the .wgetrc
file, but then that's only portable to GNU wget.

- Lauri

  http://www.fastmail.fm/help/overview_quotes.html