Lauri Kasanen wrote:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014, at 18:52, Ralf Friedl wrote:
Hi

I just had mount create a large number of loop devices before I
interrupted it.
The reason is that the loop module is not loaded in the kernel, but it
would be better to have an error message instead.

I don't know whether there are other reasons why open /dev/loop might
return ENXIO, but if not, then set_loop should abort when it receives
that error.
According to libbb/loop.c, it also returns ENXIO to mean "this loop is
free". So can't exactly abort for that.

I recommend you disable ENABLE_FEATURE_MOUNT_LOOP_CREATE if you don't
want the devices created.
It's not that I don't want the loop functionality, it's just that the loop module was not loaded and trying to open /dev/loop0 didn't trigger the module to be loaded.

Ralf