Hi Denys !

>+                      bb_error_msg("skipping %s:%u:
>unimplemented command '%s'",
>+                              "/etc/ntp.conf",
>parser->lineno, token[0]
>+                      );

Bad idea to do this! The default ntpd.conf contains other options
than just server lines. All those lines will now produce
"skipping" messages on startup. Multiple messages on any startup,
probably. Most users will wonder what has gone wrong and look for
something suspicious, and will ask why BB throws those errors. IMO
not so good to simply get compatibility. With those messages
nobody can really use the default ntpd.conf for BB without
modifications. Your intention?

... *AND* I'm still insisting in having this config file code not
included in standard build binaries. As others also stated we do
not need this feature (examples have bean given) and this it's not
more than a paranoid kind of compatibility. Shall those
maintainers step through the options and enable the feature, who
really like to have it, not the many others live with extra bloat.

--
Harald