>> The point is, we *do not* refer to "/".
>> We exec "proc/self/exe", NOT "/proc/self/exe".
>>
>> It does work on my machine.
>>
>> How come it doesn't work on your machine?
>
>If proc/self/exe make be relative to the working directory, but
>/lib/ld-whatever.so from proc/self/exe's PT_INTERP header is certainly not
>relative. This is the cause of the ENOENT.
>
>Rich

Maybe.

It doesn't explain why the standard setup isn't working the same way on our
Ubuntu/uClinux and whatever Denys are using.

I've been looking around. The proc/self/exe seems to be empty on the ftpd
process. That might be the cause.
It seems to happen elsewhere also:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-lowlatency/+bug/1007089
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/programming-9/problem-on-proc-self-exe-and-proc-num-exe-478707/

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by CronLab
(www.cronlab.com), and is believed to be clean.