Issac,
   Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I am a bit familiar with Linux, been doing
work with it for 10+ years, from kernel hacking old 2.4/2.6 kernels up to
building entire systems (but using 3rd party tools, like. . . Yucto. . . :(
)
No, Init is NOT copied to the RFS, as far as I can tell, the RFS ends up
with /init -> /bin/busybox. . .
I know what taskset does, been doing multi-core stuff for a few years now.
RE: Installing BB - yes, it's a big copy loop, I'll check and research this
in more detail. Again, this is a bit of a furball I inherited. . .    (I
see the copies scroll by during the build).  I'll create the link to
taskset() in this list.
RE:  systemd - well, there's something that needs it, somewhere.  I added
that, then got similar error about liblzma.so.  I assume systemd is
"outside" the kernel, so no change in kernel configuration is required?  So
it's either busy box configuration or some other "stuff" being copied over
getting in the way (oh the joys of upgrading. . .)
Thanks again, your pointers are moving me down the line.  Unfortunately, I
got preempted for other work at the moment.
Thanks!
Regards,
Stephen Beckwith