On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Laszlo Papp <lp...@kde.org> wrote:
> This is not at all what I am referring to. I am not talking about how
> it ought to work. I am talking about it should be _documented_ how it
> works.

You proposed to add the following to --help:

+//usage:     "\n        If no peer is defined, ntpd will not run"

Most network tools do the same (wget, ping...): they won't run
when you give them unresolvable hostnames.

Yet, we don't have such lines in each networking tool's help text.
I take it its because that's the typical behavior: you try

ping BOGUSHOSTNAME

and you get abort, not DNS retries in hopes that BOGUSHOSTNAME
will resolve.