On 04/09/2016 12:11, Lauri Kasanen wrote:
Over at TinyCore, we receive a huge number of questions of the type "I
got "short write", what does it mean?". Mostly for the rpi port and when
using bb wget. The attached patch makes the message more informative,
and hopefully lets more people know what's up without having to ask.

 I think a better fix would be to have a version of bb_verror_msg()
(which is called by bb_error_msg_and_die) that adds strerror(errno)
to the printed message. This way, the information given would always
match the actual error that happens.

 Of course, it's more invasive. But bb_verror_msg() deserves to
be rewritten anyway: it performs a lot of operations that can fail,
including allocating heap memory - you don't want that on an
abnormal exit path.

--
 Laurent