Hi Dave,

I think you will need my recent patch that I submitted to get ifdown
working, check the archived mailing list for about a week ago.  I was
getting the same problem with an aliased/virtual IP address.

Very strange why this works though, rules out sudoer problems.  I'm
afraid this one has me stumped.

- Martin.