On 12/14/2016 03:26 PM, David Henderson wrote:
Thanks for the reply Tito!  No problem about the initial response - it
happens. :)  To me it would seem little odd to state something in one
place, but not have it in reality.  Would there be a reason to have
this mismatch of information?  It has an appearance of just being
messy and providing misinformation.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,
take as example this line from /etc/passwd

nobody:x:65534:65534:nobody:/nonexistent:/usr/sbin/nologin

this is an user that you would create with using -H:

adduser -u 65534 -G nobody -h /nonexistant -H -D -s /usr/sbin/nologin

Ciao,
Tito