On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 06:54:17AM +0000, dietmar.schind...@manroland-web.com
wrote:
> [...]

Either way is fine by me, being a C++ developper I have a bias towards
declaring variables as close as possible to their place of use (if it
were up to me, I would not declare all local variables on the top of the
function block), but I think style consistency is pretty important too.

It would be nice if their was a coding standard document somewhere
though. I asked on the IRC channel to get guidance, and took a look at
existing applets to see the coding style used there, but having some
agreed upon standard would simplify the discussion.

In any case, I dont mind changing the code one way or the other, whatever
fits best with busybox.

Cheers,

Maxime.