On 30 Jan 2018 04:00, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> >> I still wonder how on Earth Android filesystem ended up not having /bin/sh.
> >> No one at Google realized that people are using shell scripts
> >> all over the Unix universe? Or they seriously did not want people
> >> to run non-Android specific stuff on Android, and *wanted*
> >> non-android-tailored shell scripts to fail to execute?
> >
> > i think it's more like you shouldn't be running shell the vast majority of
> > the time. systemd showed the numbers to back this up.
>
> We should remove all shell scripts from e.g. kernel, gcc and busybox
> build machinery. Because systemd. Right.

i don't know what point you're trying to make, but drop the useless
hyperbole.  you asked about runtime Android, not about random dev
packages.  plus i was referring to hard general data (replacing
shell scripts with compiled programs is proven benefit to boot time),
not advocating for systemd.
-mike