Le 19/01/2021 à 23:17, Grant Edwards a écrit :
On 2021-01-19, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've confirmed that with our older version of busybox (1.26?) 'cat'
doesn't use sendfile() for the test case above (which works
fine). AFAICT from the strace output the sendfile64() call is made
correctly, so it must be a kernel problem and not a gcc or libc
problem.

This is embarassing.

I discovered and fixed the same thing 4 years ago by disabling use of
sendfile() when building 1.26. Unfortunately, the layout of the
.config file had changed so much between 1.26 and 1.31 that I missed
that when I was comparing the 1.26 config with the 1.31 config.

Sorry for the noise.

Do you mean there is a bug somewhere and you just fix it for yourself ?

What about fixing it for everyone ? Where you able to identify whether it is a
kernel bug or not ?

Christophe