On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:17 PM Rob Landley <r...@landley.net> wrote:
> Huh, apparently https://github.com/landley/toybox/commit/cd358823399a didn't
> revert enough of commit e191597e6bbf0. The changed help text is still there,
> but
> not implemented.
>
> Yes, you found a toybox bug nobody's poked me about: once upon a time I
> accidentally did a commit without --patch and thus the help text of the
> command
> includes stuff that was under consideration at one point, but never got
> implemented.

Looking at toybox's help texts, I noticed a few more:

free [-bkmgt]
        Display the total, free and used amount of physical memory and
swap space.
        -bkmg*t Output units (default is bytes)
^^^^^^^ in procps-ng 3.3.15, "free -t" is not "terabytes", it's --total

hexedit FILE
        Hexadecimal file editor/viewer. All changes are written to
disk immediately.
        -r      Read only (display but don't edit)
^^^^^^^ hexedit 1.5 has no such opt

shred [-fuz] [-n COUNT] [-s SIZE] FILE...
        Securely delete a file by overwriting its contents with random data.
        -f              Force (chmod if necessary)
        -n COUNT        Random overwrite iterations (default 1)
        -o OFFSET       Start at OFFSET
^^^^^ -o not in coreutils-8.32