From: Moraes Holschuh
> Sent: 08 December 2021 14:20
>
> Remove the support for classes HS (Hesiod) and ANY (wildcard), and with
> these gone, also remove the nice, table-driven support for specifying
> query classes and use an if(strcasecmp()) hardcoded tree instead.
>
> This reduces some functionality and results in uglier code, but it does
> decrease the size of the "query class" support.
>
> NOTE: This change should not be applied if the decrease in size is not
> considered worth the functionality and code quality loss.  I personally
> feel it is *not* worth the 19 bytes reduction in size.

Personally I suspect that modern systems aren't as memory/disc
constrained as those when busybox was first written.
So additional code in a paged executable doesn't matter as much.
Very small systems are actually unlikely to nslookup at all.

This also applies to some of the other applets.
The defaults could include all the 'expected' options that only
increase the code size by a few hundred bytes.
Indeed all the relevant options could be hidden behind a big
'optimise applets for size' option.

        David

-
Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT,
UK
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)