Hello devs,

I'm using 'udhcpc' on my ARM64 platform with the following scenario: I have one
'eth0' interface that has a static ip address and the 'udhcpc' client on the
same interface. That leads to low data transmission performace on that
interface.

I analyzed a code a little and found out, that the 'udhcpc' client has an
internal state machine. For the setting of file descriptors to use with polling
the tool uses either UDP sockets or RAW sockets. As it seems it uses in it's
beginning state (INIT_SELECTING) the LISTEN_RAW mode. Thus all IPv4 packets are
monitored by 'udhcpc' until DHCPOFFER is received which leads to low performace
on 'eth0'.

Is it a design desicion or a configurable option? How can I change it, if
possible?

Best regards
Alexander Wilhelm