dear Thomas, thanks for comments. actually what i have shown is the shedding of 
skin to get transformed into a pupa. the fully fed caterpillar rests overnight 
after arching its body . the colour becomes fader and it grows a little thicher 
and shorter. then at one moment the pupa vigouraously moves , straightens 
itself 
and starts this process. actual changes and process of pupa formation does last 
for hrs but the changes are very gradual so 1 pic per hr is sufficient to 
record. ..........milind




________________________________
From: Thomas V <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, August 3, 2010 9:02:12 AM
Subject: RE: [ButterflyIndia] PROCESS of pupa formation of PLAIN TIGER 
BUTTERFLY 
........




Nice captures Milind. The whole process lasted just 3 min, but how long did you 
have to wait until it began? I got a similar series on the three-spot grass 
yellow pupating 
(http://naturemagnified.blogspot.com/2010/07/from-caterpillar-to-pupa-amazing-nature.html
 ) and then another of the pupa hatching into the butterfly 
(http://naturemagnified.blogspot.com/2010/07/pupa-hatches-metamorphosis-captured-in.html
 ). I watched the caterpillar for almost 22h before I could capture the entire 
sequence!
Since then I`ve also captured the Common Crow cat pupating and I`m watching a 
Monkey puzzle pupa to catch it as it emerges.
Well done again
 
From:[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Min Sb
Sent: 02 August 2010 16:27
To: [email protected]
Subject: [ButterflyIndia] PROCESS of pupa formation of PLAIN TIGER BUTTERFLY 
........
 
  
yesterday i came across this process which lasted hardly 3 minutes ! wonder of 
nature ...........milind bhakare

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52684...@n08/sets/72157624511005307/detail/





      

-- 
Enjoy

Reply via email to