On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org> wrote:
> How about bringing it over into a sandbox area for now?  I don't have

+1 that's cool with me.

> time to look into Guice right now, but sounds like a really good
> extension to get our project code out into more user hands.  Also, that
> gives us time to sort out the main code package renames/reorg and build
> updates before we pull another module in.

I agree! A set of "plain" extension would be sweet. Especially for cutting-edge
stuff, such as Guice.

I think Gerhard is "concerned" since MyFaces offers 303 extensions, for JSF.
But not everybody is using Faces ;-)

So yes, there more "interesting" stuff we add, the better in order to
build a strong
(developer) community around BVAL.

-M

> -Donald
>

> On 3/19/10 5:12 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> Hi Gerhard,
>> very nice to meet you :) I already started realizing a set of
>> google-guice providers and module that simplify the
>> javax.validation.Validator building and injection.
>> Moreover, I' would add a org.aopalliance.intercept.MethodInterceptor
>> that validates methods args input, raising an
>> org.apache.bval.ValidationException if there are
>> javax.validation.ConstraintViolation, and automate the AOP stuff
>> marking the interested methods with an hypothetical
>> @org.apache.bval.Validate annotation bound the in guice binder.
>> I've already realized the 80% of the code, if you all agree I could
>> start importing the classes in a separate module so we could finalize
>> it all together.
>> What do you think about it? Thanks a lot in advance, have a nice day!!!
>> Simo

>> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Gerhard Petracek
>> <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hi simo,
>>>
>>> which features do you plan to support?
>>> i'm asking because we have a quite interesting situation concerning such
>>> integrations.
>>> (i'll provide further details later on.)
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> gerhard
>>>
>>> http://www.irian.at
>>>
>>> Your JSF powerhouse -