Michael and all,

I hope HR 4969 passes but my experience Wednesday at Pete Olson's staff
outreach leaves me doubtful.

One of Pete Olson's staff was to be at the Fulshear City Hall for two hours.
There had been a general announcement and an email sent to all the hams I know
in the area.

I was the ONLY ham in attendance.  There was a neighborhood paper
representative and that was it.

I gave the Olson staff member a copy of the letter I had sent in support of HR
4969.  I spent about 30 minutes explaining what ham radio does and why the
"Amateur Radio Parity Act" is important to hams and the community.

When I left there were no hams in the parking lot.  The staff member was left
alone as far as I know.  The experience was surely a bad example for
participatory democracy.

If we want HR 4969, then EVERY ham needs to go to their representative's LOCAL
office and get their voice heard.

73

Mike Brannan
mikebra...@aol.com