From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Bruce via BVARC
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 9:09 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB; Houston ECHO Society
Subject: [BVARC] arrl centenial

arrl posted this on the lotw site on october 15. i am just a little slow
manually checking the site. you can see what states you are lacking (i need 5
more). also you can see how many points you have accumulated. i am sitting at
4,300 without much effort. i will not hit anywhere near 15,000. you have to
seriously operate to do that.

everyone should be able to get the 1,000 entry level certificate as the arrl
president is worth 300 points, a director is worth 225 and a section manager is
175. i have picked up 7 (don't know why that low, my log shows more) of the
w100aw stations. if you work the w1aw portable stations, each is worth 5 points
so you can rack up a few working all the different bands and modes each week
from them.

enjoy

73...bruce

Oct 15, 2014: ARRL Centennial QSO Party Week 43 -- NEW NEW NEW --- W1AW/7 in
Nevada, and W1AW/8 in West Virginia are on the air.  Thanks to all the great
operators and station hosts all year, and special thanks to those who journey
far to put on places like KG4, KH6, KH8, KL7 and KHØ.

Also, note that the final point levels for the QSO Party awards have been set:

*       1,000 points = First Level Award Certificate
*       3,000 points = Second Level Award Certificate
*       7,500 points = Third Level Award Certificate
*       15,000 points = Top Level Award Certificate

With two and a half months left in the Centennial Year, there is still plenty
of time to rack-up those points.

Check-out the Centennial QSO Party Leader Board
<http://centennial-qp.arrl.org/> . http://centennial-qp.arrl.org/
are on the air.  These are the for both states.Check-out the Centennial QSO
Party .

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards

Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on Echolink - Conference *AMSAT*
Also live streaming MP3 at http://www.amsatnet.com
Podcast at http://www.amsatnet.com/podcast.xml or iTunes

http://www.arrl.org

AMSAT on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amsat