*Update*  Someone who works for the same company dad worked for was able to put
us in contact with an electrician who was willing to come out and look at the
situation. In the safety box there are two 110 fuses.  The power going to one
fuse is good, the power to the other is dead leading the electrician to believe
the problem is in a lower leg of the meter.  So TXU and Center Point have been
notified. The electrician gave us a temporary work around so we have power in
the mean time, just no water heater.  Hopefully tomorrow Center Point will do a
temporary disconnect, pull the meter and either their tech or the electrician
can fix the problem and restore full power!
Thank you every one who emailed ideas and offers to help.  It's things like
this that are the reason I drive cross county to be a part of BVARC.
Theresa WilliamsKE5MUX