From: Al Andzik [mailto:aland...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 7:39 PM
To: Tom Watson
Subject: Re: Your "Mighty Woof" 2m/440 MHz fan dipole...

Really can't say if paint will affect characteristics. You might try doing some
SWR measurements un-painted then paint maybe one element and see if things
change. If they do, you can clean it off.

Also if a dark color is what you want, perhaps some "cold" gun bluing solution
might work instead of paint. You wouldn't have a coating over the metal but it
will just change the color. Usually the stuff is for steel, but it might work
on copper in some manner too.