I am looking for advice for a long-time friend here in the US.  He has been
working here legally for many years from the United Kingdom (Britain), and
served as a radio operator in the Royal Signal Corps across the pond.  He has
the highest rating they offer in amateur radio over there (which should equate
to Extra here, I presume), but has no plans to return there unless tied up and
thrown in the bilge.  He wants to get licensed here in the US.  In order to
become an Extra here in US, I am assuming he will have to take the same test?
Any advice will be surely appreciated.  He and I own a collection of British
PRC-320 military surplus backpack HF units just for fun.....look them up.

Oh, and hey...I passed the General last night!!
Rod Martinez