On 8/25/2017 10:41 AM, SETX Telecom via BVARC wrote:

NOAA does NOT use amateur frequencies.....Skywarn does ...but that's not NOAA....it is a civilian amateur spotter group that works with the NWS....
NOAA/NWS uses 162.4xx and .5xx freqs to broadcast weather info...

Chris
WB5ITT
--
Thank you for refreshing my MEMORY.

The younger hams as well as OLDER hams need to polish their manners when SKYWARN conducts a NET, most often on Salt Grass Link in the Gulf Coast area of Texas & I would guess Western Louisiana and the Golden Triangle area...

73

Howard Bingham
KE5APJ