From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> on behalf of Martin Blaise via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:22 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Cc: Martin Blaise; Jimmy Vance
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Anyone have equipment to check a computer sound card

Headphones do not produce sound. Have done all tests with speakers and drivers
etc but never was able to get sound to work. I am currently using an external
USB sound card but I really need to free up. Honestly I have done all I can. I
need someone who could investigate. I can take it to the computer repair shop
and pay $50 to $100 to get it fixed or I can buy a refurbished dell 660
Inspiron for $150 to $200 but then you have the issue of copying everything
from one computer to the other and having to redo tqsl and lotw etc so I think
my best option might be the repair, I have run at least a dozen troubleshooting
tests. I am not experienced enough to work on testing a sound card that is
embedded in the mother board. The other issue is that the dxpeditions are
running Fox and hound mode and it requires a cat cable. I have one but can’t
use with an external sound card plugged into the USB port. So basically it
means unless I get the internal sound to work I will not be able to work any dx
stations on ft8 and jt65 without being able to use that cat cable. That’s about
it thanks

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:37 PM Jimmy Vance via BVARC