What a crazy weekend and Field Day! With nearly 4000 contacts (and hopefully
15,000 points) this has been the most productive Field Day ever for BVARC
and the Quad Club Mega Event. So many people this year worked tirelessly
through the Southeast Texas heat to make this year's Field Day the best
ever. Without their help this score would have not been possible. I want to
thank everyone for their hard work and determination on what they put
together for this year's event.

So, like every wrap-up notice on events like this, here are the "specs".

Station Class                                                       10A
4 CW, 4 SSB and 4 Digital (1 - RTTY, 1 - FT-8)

Contacts                                              Just under 4000
Still counting

Points                                                   Should be close to
15,000

Antennas                                            3 - tri banders or
greater, 3 - 40/80 dipoles, 2 - 40 m 2 element, 2 beverage antennas, 1 6 M,
3 element, 1 - NVIS (and I know I missed one or two but I tried)

Coax                                                      about a million
miles of the stuff!

Mounts                                                1 - 65' man lift, 1 -
50' man lift, 1 - 50' tower trailer, 1 - 20' aluminum tower

Communications Trailer                 1 - Fort Bend County Emergency
Management/Homeland Security

Solar Station                                       1 - Thanks John

Operators                                           A bunch of them!

BBQ                                                       Nearly 30 pounds
worth of brisket, sausage and turkey

Drinks                                                   about 30 cases

Crack Kitchen staff                           Three - Daphne, Kelli, Anita

Photographers                                  about a dozen

The list can go on and on and on for all the people that helped out this
year. I personally want to thank Bill Cordell, W5VOM for his personal
donation of the man lifts, tee shirts and air conditioner as well as his
unbridled energy for Field Day this year. Bill's help has made this event
the crowning castle one in Houston and probably the state.

The rest of the event has so many other people that helped - Jimmy to Nizar
to Alan to John to Glen. There are so many to name I have lost track. Also
this year's food service was literally that best ever. Not only did no one
go hungry, we basically had zero left overs. With the individually service
of the food (thanks Daphne), the food was ordered and served to everyone
like a 5 star restaurant (will maybe 4 star!).

So now we all rest a few days and start planning for next year. This year is
that way to have Field Day and we should continue the direction we are
going.

Again I want to thank everyone for their hard work on the 2019 Quad Club
Mega Field Day event.

73,

Mike Hardwick, N5VCX

President