Dear Ham Colleagues:

There may be, for the first time ever, an honest discussion about effectively
encrypted data in ham radio at the ARRL Board Meeting next week in Newington.

Please, Let all ARRL board members know your views on the need for ham radio to
avoid all effectively encrypted data such as is used in Winlink (ARQ and
proprietary compression) - urge the ARRL and FCC to insist that all data in ham
radio be open for public monitoring over the air.

Let other forums know......If we don't rally and let the ARRL and FCC know our
views this week, the ARRL Foundation and a majority of ARRL board members will
likely attempt to continue to move our hobby to this result:

<https://pocketmags.com/us/american-survival-guide-magazine/august-2019/articles/594778/send-emails-by-ham-radio>

https://pocketmags.com/us/american-survival-guide-magazine/august-2019/articles/594778/send-emails-by-ham-radio

And

 <https://worldgonesilent.com/> https://worldgonesilent.com/

Please- spread the word-- this week, please let all current board members know
your views about requiring complete data transparency, and to stop the use of
ham bands for emailing the general public, and spam and business use of email
that has been happening for years and will only get worse if we don't make
things open now.

Let your views be know this week.  Please tell all ARRL Directors and the FCC
(please file your thoughts in favor of rm- 11831 and against 16-239 and
rm-11828), and speak with one voice that we need ALL data modes to be open for
public intercept in ham radio, and Winlink ( am "open and transparent
over-the-air Winlink)

and other wideband modes need their own separate subband, as requested in
RM-11831.

73 ted N9NB