Awww, Andy gets all the coolest stuff!

On 12/21/19 9:39 AM, Doug SEYLER via BVARC wrote:
Sorry, Andy McAlister beat you to it!

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 20, 2019, at 4:19 PM, Jose, A Rodriguez via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 4:16 PM Doug Seyler via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org <mailto:bvarc@bvarc.org>> wrote:

    OK, gang, here is the special Christmas sale price for the
    FT-726:   $0.00. Yes ZERO dollars. I don’t want to fool with
    Ebay. Free. Someone come and get it. I’m tired of tripping over
    it in the shack.

    Doug WB5TKI

    I’ll take it off your hands!

    *From:*Doug Seyler [mailto:djsey...@comcast.net
    <mailto:djsey...@comcast.net>]
    *Sent:* Friday, September 27, 2019 12:28 PM
    *To:* 'TDXS List'; 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB'
    *Subject:* FS: Yaesu ft-726R all mode 2m/ 70cm Satellite Transceiver

    Good afternoon,

    I have for sale a Yaesu FT-726R all mode, 2m/70m transceiver.
    This was developed in the 1980s as an all mode satellite rig, so
    it has provisions for Doppler tracking of low orbit satellites.
    Output on all bands is 10 watt nominal, which nicely drives a
    brick amplifier. The rig uses modules for each band, so this one
    has 2m – 144-148 MHz and 70cm – 430-440 MHz, plus the satellite
    board for cross band full duplex operation. Other modules
    available were 440-450 MHz and 50-54 mhz. These are still
    available on the secondary market. I can’t find the manual, but
    it is available online
    <http://www.iw2nmx.it/Yaesu/FT-726R/FT-726R%20Instruction%20Manual.pdf>.

    I obtained this radio used in 1990 and was active with it on FM,
    SSB and digital satellites until the mid-1990s. Thereafter it
    hibernated under a bed. I recently found it again and checked its
    operation. The rig puts out 10w.+ on FM, SSB and CW. The rig has
    a built-in power supply and weighs about 25 lbs. The attached
    picture shows the included power cord and mike. The rig does not
    have a CTCSS encoder, but one is available from PIEXX for $119.

    I am asking $150 for the radio. I will entertain other offers.
    Check EBAY completed sales for price comparisons. I will give a
    money back guarantee on my FT-726. If not satisfied, I will take
    it back for a full refund.

    The radio is available at my QRZ.com address, or I will ship it
    at the buyers expense.

    73,

    Doug Seyler WB5TKI

Jonathan Guthrie