I once used the trick of breathing on the faint tube numbers on the glass which often brought out the numbers nicely.
Gary

On December 28, 2019 5:00:07 PM John Mechura via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:
Greetings, Salutations and all that Rot...

New member here, I'm John, KI5HOC, and when attending the breakfast gathering this morning there was some interest expressed regarding a tube tester. Since I have a top-of-the-line Sencore MU150 tube tester I will volunteer tube testing to the members of the club.

This is the procedure --

First, contact me at john.mechura at gmail.com with your list of tubes to be checked so I can see if they are listed in the chart. This machine will check tubes from Octal to Nuvistor, basically consumer-type tubes.

I can meet you at the Saturday breakfast shindig to test your tubes.

Caution! when removing or handling tubes, the numbers can sometimes come off with the touch of a finger. This is not good.

That's it!

73, KI5HOC