> Oh, and only a $1000 for an HF radio???

I bought a repack IC-7300 from MTC for $1000, tax and shipping included.  Plus,
I got a $100 rebate check from Icom a month later.

73, Keith NM5G

From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of Michael Amos via BVARC
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 5:19 PM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Michael Amos <kg4...@hotmail.com>; jppn...@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [BVARC] FCC Proposes to Reinstate Amateur Radio Service Fees

I agree however lets look at the more damaging picture here.  How many possible
new hams will turn away with the thought of having to now pay $65 to get
his/her first license instead of the $15 to take the test.  All those kids
whose dreams were smashed.  I know it’s only $50 but for that parent who is a
little skittish about paying the government MORE money, that might be the
turn-off.

Also, don’t forget that once the government gets that running again…. What’s to
stop them from increasing it? Where is the end to this?  Picture paying $100,
$200, or more to just renew.  And what are they going to do with the money?
Maybe help track down illegal transmitters on the bands? Like those folks
playing nasty recordings with vulgarity, etc? OR, maybe they could put a halt
on trying to take away the frequencies that are already there. How about crack
down on manufacturers that produce RF splattering equipment to the general
public. Or, even better, how bout pushing the power companies to do a better
job keeping their lines from generating so much RF you cant even hear the
NATURAL static.

Just my soapbox. Sorry for opening it…  Oh, and only a $1000 for an HF radio???
 Lol   😊

Mike – KG4NDS