Hey Bill:

I have one of those Comet CHA=250B antennas also.....

Right now it's on a 10' mast on the back of my house.  I also have a off center dipole on my wooden fence and it is quieter and hears better than the Comet.

Right now I'm feeding it with 8X coax.  I can't go up 35' since it would require guying that I don't have room for.

My plan is... I am going to ground mount it and run radials (as many as I can in my small back yard) and I purchased some LMR 400 UF from ABR to feed it.  Other factors involved in all of this, one of which is totally ripping my communications room apart and moving PC and HAM equipment to different places and rerouting coax though the attic.

I did email Comet to verify the max wattage on digital and they said 75 watts, the paperwork says 60 watts.  They said that is the number one failure for this antenna is too much wattage.

I will set it up as described, if that doesn't work I'll shop for something different.  The powers that be say that radials are key to any antenna and I'm about convinced of that.

Friends are recommending Hustler antennas but they admit they are a pain to tune.   Zero Five antennas makes a multi band 10-40m that has radials (sort of like the old CB verticals). It is non resonant so requires a turner but got good reviews... we'll see.

I'll keep you updated.