The one time my station was damaged by lightning, the lightning actually hit the power lines, and the surge came in, destroyed my 12V power supply then went down into my IC-22S and came out through a programming cable I had plugged into it, jumping across a two-inch or so gap between the end of that cable and the coax going to my well-grounded 2m antenna.  The IC-22 had its reverse-voltage protection diode destroyed, but suffered no other damage.

For the uninitiated, the IC-22S is an early synthesized 2m FM radio that you could program with this diode matrix to set up to 22 channels.  Some enterprising individual had modified it to have a 23rd channel, which was brought out to a 9-pin connector on the back, and had purchased a box with thumbwheel switches that you could use to set any frequency that could be used by the radio. It assumed the old 30kHz channel spacing, which could hit all the repeaters in the area, but you couldn't go to arbitrary frequencies.  Anyway, the magic thumbwheel box had died, and I had no clue how to fix it, so I just built a cable with an 8-position dipswitch on the end and was using that to set arbitrary frequencies.  When the lightning destroyed the dipswitch, I got a big burned spot in the middle of the operating table which had a smaller gold spot, from the gold-plated contacts, in the middle of the burned spot.

Other than the cool gold-plated spot on the operating table, what I got out of it was the knowledge that just because you've disconnected the antenna, you can still get lightning damage.