I am in need of a frequency counter to adjust my HF radio RF unit for my
IC-745. The setup calls for setting the frequency by probing the unit and
making adjustments.

I see that there are used frequency counters listed on ebay for just over $100,
but I also see plans to construct one from an Arduino which might be sufficient
for the purpose. It appears that the accuracy needs to be at least 7 digits,
but the Arduinos go about 5. If it is economical enough I would prefer to own
one for future work. It would be cool to use the Arduino I already have.

What should I need to spend for a device to do this job done right?

Mark
N5PRD