From: Kori Rahman via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Kori Rahman <kori...@gmail.com>
Subject: [BVARC] Parks On The Air @ Brazos Bend State Park
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 22:37:30 -0500

All,

Anthony (W5LIC) and I (Kori, WX5KR) will be going to Brazos Bend State Park
tomorrow (*Sunday June 5th*) doing Parks On The AIr (POTA), I know we've
shared this on the air, but I wanted to formally invite anyone who is
interested to come by. We've had several inquiries about visiting with us,
so if you have time please come by between *3pm and 7pm*. We will probably
be set up in the Elm Lake part of the park. We will be on *146.520 MHz
simplex* if you would like to reach out to us while in the park for
directions.

Some important details:

   - Park access is $7. Ask for a day use area pass.
   - *IF* you have a Texas State Park Pass, then admission for the day is
   *FREE*.
   - You can operate with a Technician class license on 10m, however 10m is
   very spotty so be aware of that.
   - We will have at least 3 HF radios that you can use if you don't have
   your own. So all you need to bring is yourself, some water, and maybe some
   snacks.
   - If you'd like to bring your own radio, we have a few antennas you can
   use and the appropriate filters. But again, you don't *need *to bring
   any equipment.
   - Of course, you do not have to operate the radios, you can just come
   out for a fun time with your fellow hams.
   - 10 contacts are all that are required to "activate" the park. You can
   log with paper, or with any apps you prefer (we recommend the HAMRS App
   <http://hamrs.app>)

Again it's tomorrow June 5th 2022, 3pm-7pm
Brazos Bend State Park
21901 FM 762
Needville, TX 77461

Apologies for the late notice. This will *NOT *be the last email about
POTA. We plan on doing this more in the coming months to give our fellow
hams a chance to activate the park with us, learn about POTA, and how we
operate. It's a lot of fun, and we hope to see you out there tomorrow or
any other time we're out at the parks.

Thanks and 73!

*- Kori, WX5KR*