All,

Anthony (W5LIC) and I (Kori, WX5KR) will once again be going to Brazos Bend
State Park this Sunday (*October 16th*) doing Parks On The AIr (POTA),
We've discussed this on the air this week and I want to formally invite
anyone who is interested to come by. We've had several inquiries about
visiting with us, so if you have time please come by between *3pm and 7pm*.
We will probably be set up in the Elm Lake part of the park. We will
be on *146.520
MHz simplex* if you would like to reach out to us while in the park for
directions.

Some important details:

   - Park access is $7. Ask for a day use area pass.
   - *IF* you have a Texas State Park Pass, then admission for the day is
   *FREE*.
   - You can operate with a Technician class license on 10m, however 10m is
   very spotty so be aware of that.
   - We will have at least 3 HF radios that you can use if you don't have
   your own. So all you need to bring is yourself, some water, and maybe some
   snacks.
   - If you'd like to bring your own radio, we have a few antennas you can
   use and the appropriate filters. But again, you don't *need *to bring
   any equipment.
   - Of course, you do not have to operate the radios, you can just come
   out for a fun time with your fellow hams.
   - 10 contacts are all that are required to "activate" the park. You can
   log with paper, or with any apps you prefer (we recommend the HAMRS App
   <http://hamrs.app/>)

*Again it's October 16th 2022, 3pm-7pm*
*Brazos Bend State Park*

*21901 FM 762Needville, TX 77461*

As before, if you can't make this event, there will be more to come. It's a
lot of fun, and we hope to see you out there Sunday or any other time we're
out at the parks.

Thanks and 73!

Kori Rahman, WX5KR
Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club