Last night during Bob Heil's presentation he referenced and displayed a
copy of Howard Tremain' s "Audio Cyclopedia".  This is a 1700, plus, page
book compiled in the mid- 20th century.  Since then Glen Ballou has taken
on the task of compiling the "Handbook for Sound Engineers", which is the
"Audio Cyclopedia", but enhanced, updated and renamed.   It is now in the
4th edition.   You can find them on- line in hardback and
paperback versions at the price range of $30 up to $700, depending on
edition and shape.

However, after an extensive search of the interweb I have found a Word
Press based, gratis, downloadable PDF version.  It is 36.8 Mb containing
1807 pages.

So if you are interested go here:

https://belglas.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/handbook-for-sound-engineers.pdf

I sent mine to my iPAD for easy reading using Kindle as the app to transfer
and display the PDF.

Enjoy.....Rick -- W5RH