Great stuff Ron

Merry Christmas to you guys.

Bill

W5VOM

From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of k5hm.ron--- via BVARC
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2022 4:39 PM
To: 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB' <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: k5hm....@gmail.com
Subject: [BVARC] 2 Nights Before Christmas

2 Nights Before Christmas

Ron Litt, K5HM

Two nights before Christmas and up at the shop,

Santa was checking his sleigh for the big hop.

His APRS was already on line,

So, the gang down at NORAD could track him 5 - 9.

The new HF rig was tuned up on 20.

He knew that 100 watts would be plenty.

"I'll be on VOX for this flight", he said in his head.

I have to be able to look straight ahead."

So, sideband it is for the big night tomorrow.

I hope the CW guys won't be too full of sorrow.

The two-meter rig was already encoded,

With every repeater that could be uploaded.

They'll know when Santa's near; they won't be surprised,

And make sure the kids have all closed their eyes.

He stopped for a moment then gave a big start,

When he suddenly realized he was missing a part.

"Of course!", he shouted. "it's my laptop PC !

I won't get far without it on my knee."

"It's got my log and my list and my flight plan too,

Though I always have Rudolph to guide me through."

He pulled out his wallet once more to check,

That his FCC license was there for the trek.

"Well, it looks like I'm ready", they heard him declare,

"I'll be single op unassisted for the entire affair."

"I better get some rest now before the big night,

So, I can be ready for the long flight."

And they heard him exclaim as he walked off to bed,

"CQ, CQ, CQ . . . QRZed?"

Merry Christmas Y'all

73,

Ron, K5HM