I still remember Saturday Feb 1, 2003 like yesterday.  Listening early in
the morning getting ready to take my brother to take his ham test.
Listening to the NASA feed and feeling very confused at first and then
realizing what was happening I ran to my television to turn on the news. I
suppose the testing was suspended or we were too sad to go.  Hearing the
ham community rally to go help in the recovery process made me feel proud
and frustrated I didn’t have the tools to help. Organizers were looking for
hams with 4x4s with mobiles to facilitate the search.  It took weeks if not
years to recover all the pieces.  I certainly hope our special connection
with NASA is never taken for granted, and that we never lose the spirit of
exploration and curiosity.

-AD5OS

--
Brian Shircliffe - *832-452-9868*