From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of M Reiter via BVARC
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 1:53 PM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: M Reiter <beachcat...@gmail.com>
Subject: [BVARC] babes motorcycles and radios.

well not really babes but got you to look.

I volunteered to do ham from my motorcycle for the ms150 and I know some of
yall have done this or at least put radios on your bikes,  I have an antenna
that should connect to the license plate holder. and a tyt 8600 that should
handle the traffic.  do I need to connect the radio directly to the battery ,
to a seperate battery or can I use a cigarette type attachment?   I have a
handlebar clamp that should hold the radio with luck will this need
reinforcement?  do I need to worry about vibration of the radio? (yes its a
harley)

any help or advice is very appreciated,

beachcat...@gmail.com <mailto:beachcat...@gmail.com>

marc