To all,
Thank you Kori for a great rundown of BVARC activities in May.  Hopefully many
members take advantage of some of these opportunities to get out, operate,
socialize and generally participate as they may.
Since Kori mentions a June event, Field Day, I wish to also point out another
official BVARC June operating event - the Museum Ships Weekend (MSWE - June 2,
7PM CDT to mid-day Sunday, June 4).  This is often viewed as a "prelude to
Field Day."  BVARC has been participating in this event since 2008.  Of course,
there will be BVARC food, especially the Saturday evening meal.
As of a week ago, there were 77 ships around the world officially listed as
participating, so this should grow to about 100 by the time the event kicks
off.  Like FD, POTA and WFD, it is an opportunity to get out of your shack and
enjoy a different venue.  This one is of significant historical significance in
that we will operate on-board 2 WW-II Naval vessels in Galveston: The Submarine
USN Cavalla, Commissioned on "Leap Day" 1944, which sank the Japanese aircraft
carrier Shokahu on her Maiden Patrol  and the Destroyer Escort USS Stewart that
supported many supply convoys across the Atlantic Ocean and safely escorted FDR
part of the way in 1943 to attend a conference in Casablanca and Tehran.
The MSWE operations are around-the-clock and we are allowed to bunk in the
Stewart.  See the May BEACON for more details and attend the May 11 General
Membership Meeting for a presentation of MSWE, BVARC's history in participation
and details of this year's event.
Tnx es 73de John, K5IZO
    On Monday, May 1, 2023 at 01:05:37 AM CDT, Kori Rahman via BVARC