I used to own a Kenwood TS-590SG, which has a receive out jack (RCV) on the
back. It's really a split antenna feed. Whatever you're tuned to on the Kenwood
is the same signal that is available through the RCV jack. You plug that into
the SDRPlay, The SDRPlay USB output is then plugged into into your computer
where SDR software (several free choices from SDRPlay) is installed. You can
view the view the signal on a scope display on your computer monitor. Works
like a champ. There are instructions available on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GCJv00sk70&list=PLOzm8JEiD6pE66t2d7sHlZpAUfiDUe7yM

Have fun.

73, JP