Thanks. The website says the arrl field day app is limited to 20 entries and
the ACL software is full version but limited to 45 days of use without
paying/registering.

I get that part. I looked thru all the menus and saw nothing that indicated
that I needed to configure anything for any particular contest.

Typos brought to you by iPhone