KJ5DOB,
Good morning.  Just to add to what Joseph mentioned, there is also an OFF
setting for BKIN.  So that one may be what you want to select.  Additionally
you can drop the output power to 0 and replace your antenna with a dummy load.
That should make for a good practice oscillator.

Also, to echo Seth’s advise I’d say join a CW club that offers classes.  My
experience with the Long Island CW club (LICW) has been very good.

Best of luck in your CW journey!

73,
Stephen (W2WF)