Not really. I would use an eFAX service. Send them a jpg, pdf, doc(x) file and they transmit almost instantly. Some are free to send 1-2 pages.

73...bruce

On 2/13/2024 6:35 PM, Tom Watson via BVARC wrote:
Is there a way to run a fax machine over VoIP?

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024, 3:19 PM Jeff Greer via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

    At work, we're having to convert all our old POTS lines to VoIP.
    The telcos don't want to spend the money to keep the old copper
    phone lines working.  You'll still be able to have a VoIP phone at
    home, but it'll be useless if you lose Internet.

    All the more reason to know how to get a message out via ham
    radio.  😉

    -j

    *From:* BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> on behalf of AOL/
    CompuServe Mail via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
    *Sent:* Thursday, February 8, 2024 4:25 PM
    *To:* bvarc@bvarc.org <bvarc@bvarc.org>; bvarc@bvarc.org
    <bvarc@bvarc.org>
    *Cc:* AOL/ CompuServe Mail <gmuller...@aol.com>;
    m733sha...@gmail.com <m733sha...@gmail.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [BVARC] the phase out of landline phone service
    To all
     I have a land line and need to keep it since I have a captel
    phone for hard of hearing

    In a message dated 2/8/2024 2:38:27 PM Central Standard Time,
    bvarc@bvarc.org writes:

        Yeah, I’ve had a landline for years and I don’t plan on
        getting rid of it anytime soon but unfortunately they decide
        to pull it. They’re gonna pull it.
        Sent from my iPhone

            On Feb 8, 2024, at 1:39 PM, Chris Medlin via BVARC